This is a fairly simple project that requires almost no skill, just a bit of patience.
What you will need:
- Plain Cork Board
- Ribbon (long enough to go across your board + 4 inches
- Fabric large enough to cover your board plus about 1-2 inch overhang all around
- Thumb tacks (1 for each necklace, bracelet, anklet, and ring you want to hang +9
- Spray adhesive
- Craft glue
What to do:
- Step 1 – Completely cover your board with the spray adhesive and lay the fabric right side up on the board then smooth it out with your hands.
- Step 2 – Flip the board over and pull the overhang taught stapling it in place. (Start in the middle of each side for best results)
- Step 3 – Lay your ribbon across the top edge of your board as a space and begin placing a row of tacks accross the board. Spacing will depend on you specific pieces you will be hanging. After your neclaces are hung add a row below that for your bracelets, anklets, and rings as needed. (You will see I chose fleece so that pin holes will not show if I have to move them around.)
- Step 4 – Now place pins along the top of the board as shown in the pictures above to create a space between your ribbon and the board so that you can hang and pin your earrings.
- Step 5 – Add a dab of glue to the head of each pin in that spacer row and then put the ribbon in place as shown in the photo above being sure to start with one of the pins in the back and keeping it tight all the way to the other side and finish with another pin in the back. Press firmly on each tack head to ensure good contact. (Tip: Use med sized hair clips to clamp the ribbon in place till it is dry as shown above.)
- Step 6 – Hang your earrings on the ribbon only after the glue is dry.
(Tip: If your glue does not hold as well as you like – I have a number of heavy earring so mine did not – you can add a few strategically placed anchors of clear thread/fishing line. If you do this be sure to come up from the back and go through the the board at an angle and the very top of the ribbon so that it will be both strong and mostly invisible. Once you hang the finished board you will never see the anchors.)
Now you can add on any embellishments you like to decorate and hang your new jewelry board.