I was going crazy trying to do all the math and could not find a single print ready pattern for a circle skirt, so I made one and here it is just for you. This is about a 2T (Waist is 20inches and length is 10 inches). You will need to print this at 200% for it to come out right then tape your pages together.
What you will need:
- Fabric: 14″x14″ square
- Pattern printed at 200%(above)
- Sewing Machine
- Narrow hem foot (recommended but not necessary)
- Elastic: 18-19″
- Decorative Trim
What to do:
- Using your narrow hem foot finish all raw edges. If you do not have one, simply fold over your fabric twice to conceal the raw edges in which case you will want to adjust your pattern to allow for the extra fabric needed for the seam allowance.
- create a pocket for your elastic waist band and fish it though with a safety pin then close up the hole. you can also use a decorative elastic (shown in this piece) to add a little extra style.
- Attach any decorative trim you wish. I used a white eyelet ruffle and a Minnie Mouse themed satin ribbon.
- Let your little one twirl and swish all day long! 🙂
*More photos to come of the actual project within the next day or 2 🙂